EXTRA joints are universal joints for pipe failures which make possible to repair pipes without cutting them.
These joints are used for repairs of pipeline failures when a pipe rupture occurs, or as a substitution for existing joint if there is leakage on the connection. We manufacture three types of these joints: EXTRA, EXTRA-C and EXTRA-D. By using EXTRA joint, failure is repaired on steel, cast iron, plastic or asbestos-cement pipe type B (both calibrated and crude diameter) of the same nominal diameter. Joints EXTRA-C are used for repairs on calibrated and crude diameter of asbestos-cement pipe type C. Joints EXTRA-D are used for repairs on calibrated and crude diameter of asbestos-cement pipe type D.
Basic advantages of using universal segment joints EXTRA are:
– repair is made without pipe cutting;
– repair is made without consumers being cut-off;
– for repair of one failure one joint is enough;
– if there is a damage of the pipe’s sealing area on position previously connected to ’’Gibault’’, ’’Vitlak’’, ’’Dalma’’ (or some other) joint, by simple installing of EXTRA joint failure is mended without cutting off that area of pipe because the distance between gaskets on EXTRA joint is greater than on mentioned joints;
– the allowed angular deviation of connecting pipes is up to 8°.
EXTRA joints are part of ARMAS SYSTEM.